HR Solutions Webinar: Minimising Risk – Disciplinary Investigations
To ensure the process is deemed legally ‘fair’, a disciplinary procedure must begin with an appropriate investigation. Investigations at work are often considered to be the ‘easy bit’ as there is no formal outcome, only a report which recommends whether the matter should go to a disciplinary hearing.
However, did you know that no new facts should come to light in a disciplinary? This means that disciplinary hearing questions about employee misconduct must stem from the findings of the investigation report.
For this reason, an investigation meeting is the foundation of a meaningful disciplinary. Without it, the mere fact that the disciplinary hearing even took place, may be considered unreasonable in employment law!
In this webinar we will:
- Brush up on an investigation process
- Formulate a checklist for running an employee investigation
- Review compliance with employment rights
- Understand how and when you may fairly suspend
- Consider alternatives to suspension
HR Risk Management
Most defences to any breach of employment legislation rely on having adequate measures in place to manage policy acceptance, staff training and reviews. HR Solutions’ E-Learning and HR Compliance system will enable you to effectively demonstrate compliance by easily and cost-effectively:
- Rolling out your policies to all staff via an online portal
- Delivering a series of e-learning courses and
- Running real-time progress reports to be able to demonstrate compliance.