When job hunting, what first attracts people to a company? Salary is likely to be the first thing. But job hunters are now taking more notice of what potential employers are offering besides the usual pay rates.
Employers have begun to recognise this and started to put together packages, offering their staff increasingly imaginative employee benefits, to attract and keep the best people for their company.
You might think that just getting free coffee at work is a great staff perk, but for many businesses they have taken employee benefits to a whole new level. Employer review website Glassdoor has listed the most generous benefits that companies give to their staff. Here are the top 10:
- For Huddle employees, they can expect to receive a joining bonus of £5,000, along with a £500 gift.
- TransferWise takes their lucky employees away for a free holiday every year.
- So that their staff can travel the world, Airbnb gives employees £1,413.
- Staff working for Skyscanner can benefit from discounts at their local beauty salon and pub.
- Each year The Body Shop pays for five days of volunteering.
- Peninsula Business Services hosts a special Christmas party for their staff’s children.
- Employees at AutoTrader UK can look forward to receiving discounted wine, thanks to the company’s own wine club.
- If you work for Jive Software, you can look forward to free food and drink.
- You can enjoy free use of an Italian villa whenever you want, if you work for Opus Professional Services.
- Visualsoft gives their staff unmonitored flexitime and an unlimited amount of holiday time.
An increasing number of businesses are taking the time to listen to their staff to find out what drives them and what they are passionate about. Even just a small investment towards a benefits package can result in happier, loyal employees, who are more likely to stay working for you.