HMRC have announced that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) portal is now live, from Monday 20th April, with the first payments being made up to 10 days later.
We are expecting the portal to be busy for the first few days as many businesses will be accessing it to get their claim started. There are various pieces of information you can gather now to make sure you are ready as soon as the portal goes live.
What information will I need?
- Gateway login details
- Employer PAYE reference number
- The Unique Tax Payer reference for business (either SA, self assessment, for a sole trader or partnership or corporation tax for a limited company) and/ or company registration number
- Names, national insurance numbers and where available payroll/employee number of furloughed employees
- Claim period (start and end date)
- Full a mount claimed excluding employer NI and employer minimum pension contributions
- Bank account number and sort code
- Contact name and phone number
The portal will be accessed through your existing government gateway (see link further below) and as far as we understand from guidance issued to date, you will only be allowed to make one claim per pay period so it is important to get the details correct first time to avoid any unnecessary delays to grants being received.
HR and Payroll Assistance
If you are a Payroll client of HR Solutions we can make this submission on your behalf, if you have not already spoken to your Payroll Manager, then please reach out to them by calling 0845 324 5840 or you can contact us online.
If you are not a Payroll client of HR Solutions, then please reach out to your current payroll provider to ensure that they have everything they need to make the submission for you, and to ensure that there is no delay in the processing of your claim and payment.
For further information you can find the government link at:
The portal link to make a claim is at: