Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training is a key requirement for people leaders, senior management, and directors, regardless of industry or sector. Completing this training not only has a positive impact on company culture and employees, it can also help businesses to avoid costly Employment Tribunals.
For clients on our HR Enhanced package with Employment Protection Cover, we include complimentary training on Discrimination At Work, to help protect your business.
Compliance Training: Discrimination at Work
EDI Monthly training available for directors and senior management
Our Discrimination at Work training course covers the key elements of equality, diversity and inclusion and highlights important case law. It will also raise awareness of the cost of getting it wrong; best practice on how to reduce your risk of grievances or claims; and the benefits of building an inclusive culture.
From an employers’ perspective, we’ll cover the obligations to ensure that all staff are aware of your equal opportunities policies and have been trained accordingly.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will:
- Be able to describe the difference between equality, inclusion, and diversity;
- Understand the risks of not following policies (such as equal opportunities);
- Appreciate the negative impact of stereotypes;
- Be able to recognise the nine protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010;
- Understand the different types of discrimination.
This course contains a short assessment and attendees will receive a certificate confirming that they have attended and passed the course.
Upcoming Course Dates
(For clients on our HR Enhanced package)
Future dates are currently being scheduled
Please contact us to book your place today
Why do I need training on Equality and Diversity?
Discrimination claims at Employment Tribunals vary year-on-year. As the award for cases of discrimination and harassment is uncapped, these cases often attract media attention, which can be detrimental to a company’s brand and reputation.
When considering how to prevent discrimination from occurring within your business, and advocating equality, inclusion, and diversity, it’s important to understand the key obligations to deter and prevent discrimination, including:
- Promoting a culture that does not tolerate or encourage any form of discrimination;
- Ensuring that robust policies and procedures are in place;
- Providing training on induction and refresher training on a regular basis;
- Ensuring that such training is up-to-date and effective;
- Taking appropriate disciplinary action if an employee discriminates against another;
- Learning from any incidents of discrimination to prevent them from re-occurring.
We can also offer training for businesses who are not using our HR Retainer package. Visit our Training Courses page to book or complete the form to receive more information.
HR Solutions was easy for us to use and responsive from the very start. Within a few days we had our first-aid, fire warden and health and safety courses booked and in the diary for our team. I cannot say enough good things about Dom our instructor. He is so engaging and really became a member of the team for the three days of training. We really enjoyed how passionate he is about the subject and how he brought it to life for us. We have even booked for another course on mental health first-aid which we are really looking forward to! We highly recommend HR Solutions and Dom for all your training needs.
Tiffany Martin, Operations Manager
Lumin Wealth Management